The High Court Challenge needs your help!
Ron Williams urgently needs the support of all of us who support secular education and who object to the use of kids’ schooling as a political bargaining chip. Support him today, for all our sakes.
One of the most misguided and divisive policies yet… a flagrant misuse of urgently needed funding for public schools
-NSW Teachers Federation
Say NO to Chaplains is a simple way for you to voice your opposition to the National School Chaplaincy Program.
Use the buttons on the right to Tweet your opposition to the NSCP and Spread the word on Facebook!
Here are ten reasons why:
- Public schools should be secular and neutral in religious matters.
- So far it has cost taxpayers nearly half a billion dollars.
- School chaplains are largely unqualified.
- The ratio of trained counsellors to pupils is pitifully low.
- Chaplains without appropriate qualifications are not permitted to provide counselling. Most chaplains do not have formal qualifications in counselling but still promote themselves as pastoral carers.
- The NSW Teachers Federation calls the NSCP: ‘a flagrant misuse of funding’.
- The Australian Psychology society says chaplains have engaged in ‘dangerous professional behaviour’.
- Providing religious operatives may discriminate against non-Christian or non-religious children.
- In theory, chaplaincy is supposed to be open to all religions but, in practice, 98% of chaplains are from Christian denominations.
- The National Schools Chaplaincy Program may breach the constitution.
Read more about why you should voice your opposition to the National Schools Chaplaincy Program.